In the interpretation of this Vision and Mission Statement of the Board of Natural Resources and in the implementation of the Board's Policy Statement into which this Vision and Mission Statement is incorporated, the term "natural resources" shall include the state's air, soil, and water; all game species of animals, birds, and fish; all non-game species of animals, birds and fish; all plants, whether common, endangered or protected; and every cultural, historic or recreational resource within the state.
Georgia's natural, historic, cultural, environmental and economic resources will be...
- Better tomorrow than they are today.
- Abundant, diverse, clean, well managed and protected.
- Available for everyone to use and enjoy.
The people of Georgia should...
- Appreciate the importance of sustaining and enhancing the state's natural, historic, cultural, environmental and economic resources.
- Take an active role in the work of the department.
- See the department as a responsive and responsible agency working to protect and conserve Georgia's natural, historic and cultural resources and maintain a strong economy.
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources will be widely recognized as a public agency that...
- Listens carefully and responds to the opinions of the people it serves to provide a balance of all factors.
- Makes wise decisions for the common good of the people.
- Uses its resources and spends tax dollars wisely.
- Enforces state laws fairly and vigorously.
- Manages the state's natural resources for the benefit of people, fish, game and non-game wildlife, and the economic well-being of present and future generations.
- Ever strives to improve the environment in which present and future Georgians live, work and play.
- Earns the trust and respect of the people of Georgia through its decisions and actions.
- Understands the importance of promoting the development of commerce and industry that utilizes sound environmental practices.
- Holds as one of its core values a respect for private property rights and strikes a reasonable balance between private property rights and environmental impacts when adopting regulations.
The mission of the Department of Natural Resources is to sustain, enhance, protect and conserve Georgia's natural, historic and cultural resources for present and future generations, while recognizing the importance of promoting the development of commerce and industry that utilize sound environmental practices.