People who work for the Department of Natural Resources are committed to fulfilling the agency’s mission of managing and conserving the state’s natural and cultural resources for future generations. With nearly 2,500 associates working throughout the state, job opportunities within the agency require various levels of education and expertise ranging from a high school education up through advanced degrees. If you are interested in pursuing a career as a Conservation Ranger, Fisheries or Wildlife Biologist, Park Ranger, Environmental Engineer, Historic Preservation Planner or any other career in DNR, the Department of Natural Resources is the place for you.
Conservation Ranger (Game Warden) Hiring
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division is accepting applications for Conservation Ranger (Game Warden) positions through May 31, 2018.
Please visit the Careers in DNR Law Enforcement page at http://gadnrle.org/careers-le for information on how to apply.
DNR Vacancy Announcement
The DNR Vacancy Announcement is used to advertise current vacant full-time positions within DNR. It includes specific information pertaining to each vacancy listed. The DNR Vacancy Announcement is published periodically, as necessary.
Click here to view DNR Vacancy Announcement 1 (Expires 05/08/18)
Click here to view DNR Vacancy Announcement 2 (Expires 05/01/18)
Note: Positions posted on the Team Georgia Careers website are also listed in the DNR Vacancy Announcement. However not all jobs listed in the DNR Vacancy Announcement are posted on the Team Georgia Careers website.
The DNR Application for Employment is required to apply for most DNR jobs and is available by clicking on the version listed below:
The DNR P.O.S.T. Certified Position Application for Employment is required to apply for ALL DNR P.O.S.T. Certified Law Enforcement jobs and is available by clicking on the version listed below:
The State Parks listed below are operated by a private contractor. For employment information at these Parks, please visit www.coralhospitality.com/careers/ :
- Amicalola Falls
- George T. Bagby
- Georgia Veterans
- Lake Blackshear
- Little Ocmulgee
The Human Resources Administration of the Department of Administrative Services also provides information on jobs that are available in state government along with instructions for applying for them at: Team Georgia Careers.
Note: DNR Positions may or may not be advertised on this site.
Listed below are notices that are required to be available for viewing by employees and applicants:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Poster
- E-Verify Poster
- E-Verify Poster (Version en Espanol)
- Right to Work Poster
- Right to Work Poster (Version en Espanol)
- Employee Rights Under The Family Medical and Leave Act
Important Notice About Some DNR Jobs
- Information on Careers in DNR: Please click the title to view information on Careers in DNR and other applicant information..
- Game Warden (Conservation Ranger) Employment Information: Please click the title to view information on How to Become a Game Warden (Conservation Ranger) with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
- DNR Law Enforcement Testing Information: Please click the title to view information on Law Enforcement testing requirements for applicants seeking Law Enforcement positions within DNR.
- P.O.S.T. Entrance Examination Access Form: Click on the title to open up the form. This form is to be completed and taken with applicants to the test site where they are taking the P.O.S.T. Entrance Examination.
- P.O.S.T. Entrance Examination Technical College Location Listing: Click on the title to view the various Technical Colleges in Georgia that administer the P.O.S.T. Entrance Examination. NOTE: Call the telephone number or visit the website address at the Technical College to get times, dates and other testing information.
- Total Rewards: Click on the title to view the various benefits offered to Full-time State of Georgia employees.
- Internship Opportunities: Please click on the title to view information pertaining to Internship Opportunities with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources
The Department of Natural Resources does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, National origin, disability, age or gender pursuant to applicable state and federal regulations. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the DNR Office of Human Resources:
Office of Human Resources
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, SE
Suite 1258, East Tower
Atlanta, Georgia 30334